Worgen Death Knight and Ironbound Proto-drake


Another personal art commission based on a player's game character from World of Warcraft. This time it's a Worgen Frost Death Knight with her Ironbound Proto-Drake mount. 

Client wanted the soft side of her tough and nasty Death Knight to be depicted in the artwork hence the inclusion of a butterfly in the scene which she suggested early on.

Art process below.



Initially, I created 10 composition thumbnails using values (grayscale) but I didn't include it in this image. I drew a line sketch over the chosen thumbnail to set up the guidelines for the parts and details of the character(s). Added the base colors over the grayscale layer. Added details and render them as I go. Changed the background to get that "frost" feel and lighten it up to pop out the character(s) more.


Interested on a commission? I'm available for commercial work so if you are in need of my service, you can contact me via email: artlonicles@gmail.com

0 comments: