FF XIV Dragoon - Neeka


Personal art commission of a female dragoon from Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Character is based on the player's game character.

Process below.


Neeka artwork process

Process is slightly different this time. Made some sketches of different poses for the client and she chose the 6th pose. Then I made a rough painting for the initial composition that is based on her description (castle from her references as part of the "backdrop"). Changes were made on the face because it was too "soft" for her taste, more like a princess. She wanted her to look more tough and "warrior-like" since the character is a dragoon. After getting her approval, I went on refining the artwork. I decided to change some things along the way especially the castle in the background. I wanted to keep the shape simple so I changed it. I also wanted to keep it more true to the game so I did some research about castles that exists within the game. I found Ishgard but I didn't know if it's the same thing. Well regardless of that, I still used it as my reference. I few more touch-ups here and there... and that's it. Oh and there's a Chocobo in it, just a silhouette.




0 comments: